Friday, December 14, 2012

Blog #6, Trends and Static Pages

How have design trends influenced the layout and design of your pages? Provide a specific example using a specific trend.


18 comments:

  1. Design trends make the magazine pages look appealing, headlines and scan reads allow readers to easily choose something they want to read and not have to read an essay from top to bottom. I used non-conflicting colors to enhance the outlook of each page, so it doesn't distract readers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In many of my pages I have used the trends to design my pages. For example, on Page 3 I have used fun numbers and varied the color and text to make it more interesting. Also on Page 3 I have also used the layout of a calendar in order to show a cat's day. Finally, on Page 2 I have used cutouts to make the page look cleaner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Design trends were the basis for the design and layout of my pages. For example, the colors and alignment I used were solely based on popular design trends. Also, the typeface I used for my titles (Apple Chancery) was based on popular color combos and type trends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used stats to grab the readers attention.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When creating my magazine I used a lot of proximity, which means aligning the pictures near the writing for the picture. This makes it easier to tell what picture goes with what writing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used consistent colors and fonts in my pages.

    ReplyDelete
  7. After looking at the design trends, I made my page more fun looking and less structured and less website looking. I used a calendar where all the events are different colors, fonts, and have different orientations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. a specific trend that i have used is i've used pictures to help elaborate on my articles

    ReplyDelete
  9. Trends effect my pages because without them, my pages wouldn't go together. The trends cause my pages to connect together rather than looking like separate projects.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really enjoyed using numbers and used it to create my own designed page.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The calender makes the page more interesting and it gives the viewers something to look at. The colors and different cut outs are very attractive and give the page depth.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Design trends have made my page more interesting and likeable. For the cut out trend it made my entire page look more appealing. I cut out myself and placed it on the page. Making my magazine page seem real.

    ReplyDelete
  13. By using the trends, my pages have become more interesting.The quote bubbles I used on my fifth page have give my page more color and they have brought a quick blurb of text that is easy to read. Without the trends, my pages would be boring.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Design trends have influenced the layout and design of my pages because they make the pages more attractive. I use different font and sizes to emphasize the headlines of each page.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Trends have influenced on how I created my pages. This is shown for example on page six of my magazine there are call outs on the page pointing to stuff that is key in the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Design trends have influenced the layout of my magazine pages because I wanted to design them to look appealing to the human eye. I use proximity and alignment to make pictures and text box's fit and look good on a page. I also use repetition in my text throughout the pages and contrast with colors and text size. Trends make my pages more interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Trends have made my pages look much more appealing, interesting and complex. It helps with adding a great pattern of color and adds variety to my font.

    ReplyDelete
  18. They inspired me to make my own twist on the pages I have created. For example the numbers on some of the magazines pages make it look more interesting. So I decided to add numbers but have them come down into dynamic content.

    ReplyDelete